Deviled eggs are awesome, and a real crowd pleaser.
If you're used to making deviled eggs for the holidays, we've got some helpful hints on how to spice them up, while keeping your time commitment low.
Our Advice: Triple this recipe and make the three separate variations below for a creative “deviled egg flight"!
Need a recipe for the deviled egg base?
Here’s a good one we like.
- 6 large free range eggs
- 1/4 cup homemade or Dukes mayo
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Set pan over medium-high heat and bring water to a boil. Turn off heat, cover pan with a lid and let sit for 10 minutes. Drain and peel eggs under cool running water.
- On a cutting board halve eggs length wise, remove egg yolks and set aside in a medium sized bowl.
- Add halved eggs crosswise and scoop out yolks into a medium bowl.
- Add mayonnaise to the bowl, and using the back of a fork, mash egg yolks and work to blend mixture together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 12 deviled egg halves each.
Now for a deviled egg flight:
Flight 1: Wasabi + Ginger
- 1 tsp. Wasabi Paste
- 1.5 tsp rice vinagar
- 1 Tbs Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed red chili flakes
DIRECTIONS: Add the wasabi paste + rice wine vinegar to egg mixture and pipe or scoop into egg halves. Garnish with grated ginger + crushed red chili flakes.
FLIGHT 2: Smoked Paprika + Prosciutto
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 oz prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbs Chives, chopped
DIRECTIONS: Lightly fry prosciutto over medium heat in a cast iron pan, as if you were frying bacon. When prosciutto begins to brown and the edges curl, remove and set aside on papers towels (about 5 minutes). Add the dijon mustard + smoked paprika to egg mixture and pipe or scoop into egg halves. Garnish with smoked paprika + a piece of crispy prosciutto.
FLIGHT 3: Truffle + Pecorino
- 1 1/2 tsp Truffle Oil
- 1 Tbs Pecorino Cheese, grated
- Chives, chopped for garnish
DIRECTIONS: Add the truffle oil to egg mixture and pipe or scoop into egg halves. Garnish with pecorino + chives.
*** Serve over a bed of chives